Wednesday 8 May 2013

Styling inspiration






Illamasqua is also known for their key eye for detail in their fashion styling as well as in their make-up and hair styling. Because of this it is important to consider the fashion styling within my images.
I have looked at styling in editorial images to give me inspiration for both my looks.
I feel that because my fantasy look it is so bold it is important to keep the styling really simple so that the focus is solely on the makeup. However for the beauty look i feel that i can experiment with colours and jewelery.
I have made moodboards to inspire me for the styling for each look.

Fantasy styling moodboard
This moodboard has really inspired me. I think that the best solution for the styling for the fantasy look is to make it very minimal and simplistic as to make the make-up and hair styling do all the talking. I will dress my model in a nude/skin coloured strapless top to give the appearence of nudity.


Beauty styling moodboard

I had a lot of fun creating this moodboard. I loved all the beautiful bright colours and patterns. I like the idea of using different blues,purples and greens in my styling as this also applies to one of the first words i used in my first research to reflect an underwater feel. I think that gold jewelery would compliment the look as well as giving the look a tougher street edge. This will keep the look modern. Which would appeal to the illamasqua audience.

I looked around the shops and found a crop top which this idea perfectly.
I also found some gold earings that are edgy enough to be used but not distracting from the look.













No comments:

Post a Comment