Tuesday 7 May 2013

Illamasqua

When creating a new campaign for Illamasqua it is important to consider their past campaigns. To look at the how they expand on their theme within their imagery. This will also help me to consider the ways in which the campaigns are styled and presented. These are images from past campaigns i really liked.

Body Electrics


I think that these images are really beautiful and seem ethereal to me. I love the blending and merging of the colours into each other and the shimmer and glitter used onto the neck. I can also see how this can be watered down to create a commercial beauty look.


Art of Darkness



I think that these images are really dramatic and theatrical. I think that you can really understand the characters through the make-up and styling. Every little detail has been considered. I like the experimentation with texture that has been used particularly in the second image of this collection shown.


Toxic Nature


I think these images are amazing. Every single little detail has been considered and this really makes a big impact on the audience. The looks are very avant garde however aspects of the looks could be sold for a beauty look. Like the two tone lips. I also think that post production editing has been used to create the feel for these images. This is something i could consider when in post production of my images.


Art of Darkness




This is one of my favorite collections. I think the images are amazing and really tell the story behind the campaign. I love the mixed textures used throughout the make-up,hair styling of the images. I think it creates a really unique feel and look. I also think that the bold lines against the beautifully blended make-up is an interesting contrast that really works.


 Naked strangers


I feel that this collection really relates to some of my themes. I like how these images are quite different from other campaigns as in the background is plain and there seems to be less post production so the main focus is the beautiful makeup. I love the gold used in these images and think this would really relate to one of my words 'magic'.


 I'm perfection



This is one of illamasqua's latest campaigns and i really like the concept of imperfections as perfections. To me these images are beauty images with avant garde touches. They are very unique and I have never seen images like them before. I like how they are primarily close ups of the face so that the make-up is the main focus. This is something i will consider when photographing my ideas.



No comments:

Post a Comment